Sunday, July 26, 2009

Be still

Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)

This is my new motto. When people ask me how I'm going and put BUSY? on the end of the sentence it makes me cringe. I tell them I am no longer impressed by busyness and then I tell them I am trying a new thing, that my new motto is to 'Be Still'.

The next question is usually - 'So Asta, how's that working for you?' Oh they of little faith. Yes I am a busy person. BUT I have been busier, and I am genuinely trying to find time to go into what I call 'the clearing' with God daily.

The other thing I am doing is making sure that the commitments I make line up with what I believe God has put me on this planet for. I'm trying to follow God's advice - it's so simple - make your yes a yes and your no a no. Try it. It is so empowering.

And just to prove I do what I preach - today is my second Monday off work. I have dropped Mondays in order to write (oh and to dance around the house with no audience!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment