Sunday, August 16, 2009

uncertainty

How do we cope with uncertainty? It seems we will be moving at the end of the year to another town (and I'm not sure which town), to another school, another job, another home, another church...so many anothers and quite frankly I feel sick in the pit of my stomach. None of us want to move, but when my husband's contract finishes at the end of the year we will have no other choice - other than my husband 'resigning' and having no job! Doesn't seem much of a choice to me.

While I wait to see God's plan for us - I choose to trust Him. It's not easy. I have to keep laying it down hour after hour, day after day, week after week. AND I play that powerful song from 'Fireproof' (the movie) - 'While I'm waiting' by John Waller: While I'm waiting I will serve you. While I'm waiting I will worship you. I sing along with him at the top of my voice promising to wait though it may be painful, to be patient, to be bold and confident, to run the race, to hope, to take every step in obedience... While I'm waiting I will not fail. I am peaceful. It's not easy but I will faithfully wait. Worship. Serve. While I'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment